Friday, December 18, 2009

Celebrating Christ

Thinking about keeping Christ in Christmas, it's important to understand what we do during the holidays, why we do them, and whether they are what we want to achieve in our celebration. Understanding where the traditions we develop stem from is helpful in this consideration. Some would say 'don't do this because' or 'do so because' and/or judge others for what they do/don't. But I am challenged to personally celebrate Christ however I might, and hoping that others will see Christ in me as I do so. As the saying goes, 'knowledge is power'; and wholeheartedness is what He desires of us. I found Crosswalk.com's Advent in Church and Cultural Tradition a basis of insight as to how Advent activities has evolved; arming me considerations for my own personal celebration in the big and even little pasttimes of the season. May you wholeheartedly be blessed this Christmastide!

No comments:

Post a Comment