Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A year's end reflection to "Let Your Light Shine Before Men" in 2010

Came across this Christmas Tree reflection about the New Year ...
...I don't want to enter into 2010 with regrets. I want a clean start and renewed bulbs. My husband might not have wanted to go bulb by bulb over the top strands, searching for the culprit, but I want to go bulb by bulb through my life. One little sin can dim an entire tree. Have you investigated your light strands lately? Is there one little bulb keeping you drenched in shadows?

Next year, my sad tree will be boxed away and a new one will replace the saggy branches and tired bulbs. That's fine, that's what happens. Nothing on this earth can last forever.

But I don't want to be replaced as a Christian. I don't want God to stop giving me opportunities for His work because I was irresponsible with my last assignments. I know I have His full love regardless, but I want my lights burning at full capacity, not weak and fading in the night. I want others to see the glow within me and crave it for themselves, finding peace and forgiveness with Christ for their New Year. I want to burn for the Kingdom of God! And not just at the holidays - but all year long.

As wonderful as my tree has been these past five years, it's just a fact that a fully lit tree is more appealing to the eye than a half-lit attempt. And the same goes for us as Christians. If we're not walking with the Lord and glowing from His glory, then how will others see the path to follow?...

to read in it's entirety ... "Let Your Light Shine Before Men" in 2010 Betsy Ann St. Amant Crosswalk.com Change is a given and obviously circumstances will not always be the same, but the priority we give to what is important can be a constant if we keep it in perspective and act accordingly by the grace of God. Given your circumstance, commit to ever shine your brightest given your for Him!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I saw this blog post through a Google Alert for my name. Thanks for posting this again and further spreading this message. I'm so glad you enjoyed the article. Many blessings in your new year!

    ReplyDelete