Sunday, July 17, 2011

watching what the watcher watches

In service during the sermon, I am usually to be found trying to be inconspicuous, taking copious electronic notes, and people-watching (something I do anyway, anywhere). However from the back row I have a different view of what the pastor sees from the pulpit from which I too can gain a sense of the receptivity to the message by watching people's non-verbal communication.

The young couple directly in front of me are a delight because they love each other - its new, its fresh, it's settling in for the long haul. They amused me today because of their knowing glances shared responding to the pastor's teaching and a bit of elbowing going on - I saw a little of the pastor and me as I observed their unspoken tête à tête. It is a wonderful perspective to see how God reaches us and reinforces things we already know and can share, remind, and encourage in each other. Cheers to today's couple - keep hearing God and communicating His Word to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment